Position Vacant – Childcare Centre Cook
The Tree House is a well-established 90-place long day childcare centre for children aged six weeks to 5 years.
The Treehouse provides a stimulating environment and experience that enables each child to grow physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially, through a balance of structured play, exploration learning and group participation.
We are seeing a dedicated employee with the passion to provide healthy meal choices and to fuel our children.
As our Cook, you will work closely with the Director to ensure our children’s culinary experience is benchmarked against the best in our industry.
Alongside your proven ability of designing menus that meet industry standards, including dietary requirements and individual special needs, will be your energy and creativity that ‘can be seen on the plate’.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Hold Relevant food handling certificates
- A current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Experience and passion for creating healthy children’s meals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A bright and friendly personality
- Your responsibilities will include:
Plan nutritionally balanced meals
Preparation of meals, including but not limited to: morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late snack
Periodically and seasonally review menu plans and submit to the Director for approval
Ensure complete familiarity with special dietary needs of children within the centre
Maintain a high level of health & safety standards are maintained at all times
Some of the benefits of working at the Treehouse Childcare Centre:
- Above award wages
- Various forms of paid leave, including paid maternity leave
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A diverse workforce and start of the art facilities
- On-site car parking
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to join a supportive working environment.Please apply for this job by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job position in the email subject line.