POSITION VACANT | HEALTH MATES FITNESS CENTRE
Position: Exercise Adviser
Status: Permanent Part-time (20hrs+ per week)
Health Mates Fitness Centre (Revesby Workers’ Club) is an award winning health club that has been operating for over 25 years. Helping our community lead an active and healthy lifestyle is a passion of ours.
We are seeking an energetic exercise professional with the personality and skills to cater for a variety of abilities and demographics. A solid belief and practice of leading a healthy lifestyle, plus experience in the fitness industry will be a distinct advantage.
This position involves:
– Writing and demonstrating personalised programs for new and existing members
– Reviewing member’s results via fitness appraisals and program updates
– Chatting with members and assisting with exercise and technique advise
– Ensuring our gym floor is fully functioning, clean and tidy
– Advising member of the various workshops, classes and events we hold
– Touring potential new members
– Occasional reception duties
The Ideal candidate will be:
- Genuinely looking forward to engaging with our members (face to face and phone).
- Keen to work in a lively environment which requires multi-tasking.
- A quick thinker with a professional, positive attitude who is motivated to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Competent with computers and using technology.
- Someone who practices and encourages a healthy lifestyle.
- Ready to work approximately 20+ hours per week and be flexible with the days/times. Shifts include a variety of early mornings (5am starts), nights (10pm closes) and weekends (7am – 7pm).
What we offer you:
- A supportive, hardworking and people focused team
- A career path and ongoing learning if that is what you are seeking
- A company that lives by its values and has strong focus on its community and its people
- Free meals whilst on duty
What we care about:
- Our Patrons and our Community
- The Future and The Environment
- Equality, Diversity and Workplace Gender Equality
- Safety: and
- AUSactive Registered Professional
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Children’s & older adults trained
- Human Movement/Exercise/Sports Science Degree or Diploma of Fitness
- Ability and qualifications to instruct group exercise classes
- NSW Driver Licence
- Revesby Workers’ is committed to an equitable and diversified workforce. We strongly encourage candidates from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background to apply for this role.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your understanding with this decision.
- Email your resume, cover letter and availability.
- firstname.lastname@example.org P. 8707 6930
- Applications close 14 February 2022