CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Listed are the conditions of employment with the Revesby Workers’. To be eligible for employment, only those candidates who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Potential candidates should be aware that our vacancies mainly exist at night – with emphasis on shifts overnight from Monday through to Sunday and public holidays. Overnight shifts can involve 6.30am finishing times. These times are crucial to our business and there will be NO EXCEPTIONS. Day shifts only occur with the fluctuations of our business needs, or due to the need to cover staff absences. No particular shifts are offered on a permanent basis.
- Some rosters may work off a split shift basis.
- Potential candidates are required to provide proof of identity via photo ID e.g. current passport/driver’s licence/ student ID.
- Potential candidates may be required to undergo a pre-employent functional assessment and child protection screening assessment.
- Employment is governed by a six month minimum employment period in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009, and only at the successful completion of this period will the employee’s employment be confirmed.
- Hours of work vary according to the employee’s employment status and to the needs of the business. Generally speaking, hours can range from a three hour minimum to a ten hour maximum (staff must be aware that they can be on their feet for this amount of time).
- Annual leave is not permitted to be taken by anyone in December as this is our busiest time of the year. All new employees will be required to work over the Christmas and New Year period.
- Revesby Workers’ has strict grooming and personal presentation guidelines. All employees will be expected to comply with these guidelines. This will be discussed at your interview and again at your induction. No visible tattoos or body piercings are allowed, including eye brow, nose, lip piercings etc. One pair of earrings in the lower lobe is acceptable. Successful candidates are issued with the full grooming policy before commencement.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated staff area.
- Should you be successful in your application, you will be required to attend (in paid time), an induction and Work Health & Safety training session.
- Your current and ongoing availability will be one of the determining factors for your employment opportunity with Revesby Workers’.